Manager of Member Services
The successful candidate would engage with the membership, maintain ongoing communication, and be the point person for addressing members’ and potential members’ needs and concerns. Said candidate would also be involved in marketing the BCA brand to aid in recruiting new members from related science/medical fields. Strong communications skills are a must.
This is a part time, “at home” contract position (renewable annually) with an annual compensation of $5000, paid quarterly.
Responsibilities to include:
- Maintain and monitor the BCA email account and handle all inquiries by direct reply or expeditious routing to the proper individual(s)
- Correspond with membership as directed by the Executive Board
- Maintain current and complete membership files, including historical records and appropriate membership demographics
- Receive and process new member applications, change-of-address status requests, and reinstatements
- Issue notices of new memberships to the Executive Board and the Director of Communications
- Email annual renewal invoices to active, retired, and student members
- Correspond with Emeritus members for yearly updates (address changes, email address updates, etc.)
- Update the membership database on the BCA web site as needed
- Assist the Secretary-Treasurer with the online election process
- Assist the Honors Committee in accepting/routing applications and with the preparation of annual awards
- Assist the Director of Communications with newsworthy information from members
- Assist the Certification Committee in accepting/routing applications and preparing certificates
- Assist the Endowment Fund for Education Committee in accepting/routing applications for grants and scholarships
- Assist the Director of Conferences with duties related to execution of the annual meeting. The manager of member services would also receive reimbursement for travel to the annual meeting to assist the Director of Conferences with on-site registration and meeting coordination.
- Prepare a report of membership for the previous calendar year for the Executive Board
- Other project based responsibilities could be assigned as needed
If you are interested in this position, please respond with a letter of interest and resume sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please let us know if you have any questions.
Connie Johansen, RBP, President
Sue Loomis, FBCA, Vice President
Jim Koepfler, FBCA, Secretary/Treasurer